The European flour milling association
The European Flour Millers' association is the voice of the European wheat, rye and oat milling industry both at EU & international levels. Members are the representative national associations from 28 European countries. In representing over 90% of the milling capacity in Europe, it is able to reflect credibly and authoritatively the interests of the industry.
- To guarantee the European flour milling sector right to be competitive and innovative, whilst promoting its responsibility in food safety, health and nutrition;
- To improve and strengthen sustainable production of European flour;
- To support these objectives by instigation of scientific research and lobbying, monitoring of its products and best practice dissemination amongst the members.
- Promoting food safety throughout the flour supply chain whilst avoiding an excessive regulatory burden
- Securing competitive access to raw materials in the quality and quantity required, including the management of extreme price volatility, and maintaining a sufficient level of protection against flour imports
- Contribute to improving the competitiveness of the flour milling sector
- Facilitate restructuring of the flour milling industry at EU level to eliminate substantial over-capacity & contribute to maintaining sufficient export activity
- Defending and promoting, with the help of national associations, the sustainable, wholesome & healthy image of flour based-products
- The European Flour Millers' association is on the Transparency Register
- It is member of the Economic Board of the European Crops Market Observatory (European Commission)
- It has Observer Status to the CODEX Alimentarius
- It is a founding member of the EU Primary Food Processors (PFP)
- It is a founding member of the Bread Initiative